The Van Steenberge Sampler Pack features 6 unique beers from Brouwerij Van Steenberge in Belgium. This pack has recently been reloaded with a great line-up. Included in the pack are:
(4) Gulden Draak Classic- This Van Steenberge flagship, world class beer is second fermented in both bottle and keg. Brewers use wine yeast in the second fermentation process. Dark brown in color with a rich creamy head. Has a natural malt toffee-like sweetness with a mellow dryness and hoppy accents. ABV. 10.5%
(4) Gulden Draak Quad 9000 - With 4 times the malt as a traditional lager beer. The beer is a variation of the Gulden Draak recipe with the brewer relying on malt instead of caramel for it’s sweet character. The result is slightly higher alcohol and a lighter deep amber color, though not as sweet as the original Gulden Draak. Has notes of banana peel, sour dough and pear. ABV. 10.7%
(4) Gulden Draak Imperial Stout - Gulden Draak Imperial Stout is a limited edition brew from the noble line of Gulden Draak beers. A beer characterized by its deep, dark color and dry, delicious bitterness. It delivers a rich, complex, robust flavor that doesn’t give away the 12% ABV inside. Experience Gulden Draak the way you never have before.
(4) Augustijn Blonde - Historic yeast strains give the beer its mild, smooth, but very rich flavor. The Van Steenberge brewery uses these strains as the basis of Augustijn and many of its other beers. If you drink Augustijn when it is young, you get to enjoy its fruity, hoppy flavor. If you let the monastery beer mature, you are transported back to taste the rich history in each glass. Fruity beer with respect for tradition. Augustijn Blonde is flavorful full-bodied, fruity, hoppy amber blonde. It is mild and malty with a slight touch of vanilla and a finish that is slightly bitter and smooth. ABV 8.5%
(4) Piraat Ale - In the 17th and 18th century, strong ales like Piraat were highly prized by the seafaring captains for its stability and its food value. The daily distribution of a pint of this ale kept the pirates in good health and gave them the spirit to survive the hard life on the sea. Piraat has been recognized as one of the five best beers in the world and was awarded Gold Medal at the 2012 World Beer Cup . A pale blonde beer with a robust cascading head and a beautiful blend of sweet malt and alcohol. ABV 10.5%
(4) Monk’s Cafe Grand Cru - Monk’s Cafe Grand Cru is a blend of 3 yr old aged and freshly brewed triple ales. This blend is then aged for 6 months in Oak casks. It is here that Monk’s Cafe Grand Cru acquires its unique sour profile. Just before bottling, a high fermented lager is blended in to reach an approachable ABV of 5.5%.